Mv91xx.sys BSOD Repair – Windows 7 X64


I recently had a problem with this driver (mv91xx.sys) with a fresh install Windows 7 Ultimate X64. After a quick search I could find out what was causing the blue screen from time to time during the boot of my computer. It was the “Marvell 9123 Disk Controller” driver in conflict with some other drivers. So I had to find the latest drivers for this controller which was not provided from the supplier (Asus) but from a third party! This is really frustrating, because companies who sell worldwide should keep their drivers section always up-to-date!!!  I managed somehow downloading the needed drivers from a third-party driver website (http://www.station-drivers.com/). I’m happy that I found such a good site like this one where we can have the latest versions of drivers. Especially, the ones that we all have problems with… So, I ended up downloading the latest drivers and update the drivers on my computer, I did not see any BSOD (Bluescreen of Death) after this update. And also, I used to have a 2-3 second freezes during the normal usage of my system. I was thinking that this was related to the same problem and after the driver update, guess what… The freeze goes away too. I now have a perfect system. I wanted to share my experience so if you guys are suffering from the same problem.

Please right click on the link and choose “save as” in order to download the latest drivers of

Marvell MV-91xx (88SE91xx) Ahci/Raid Controller
(PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_90xx&CC_ & PCI\VEN_1B4B&DEV_91xx&CC_)


In order to install these drivers, you have to extract the content of the .exe file into a folder with a compression application such as (WinZip, 7Zip, WinRAR) and go to “device manager” under the “Computer Management” and expand the “Storage Controller” section to see all the controllers installed in your computer. You should see the Marvell’s controller too, right-click on the “Marvell’s Controller” and choose “update driver software”. You should than point the right folder who has the latest versions of the new driver and load the new drivers. Do not forget to restart your computer after the setup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

System.Messaging.MessageQueueException (0x80004005): A workgroup installation computer does not support the operation (Public Queue create issue)

Veeam Backup Error : Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: VSSControl

warning: Win32API is deprecated after Ruby 1.9.1; use fiddle directly instead - Chef Development Kit Update