Assassin's Creed Games doesn't lunch!

Although I don't consider myself a real gamer, I do enjoy playing games from time to time. Since, I've started working at Ubisoft, I'm trying to take advantage of the games available to me. One does not simply work for one of the greatest gaming companies in the world and simply refuse to play their games ;)


So after installing uPlay on my computer, I downloaded & installed huge packages of the Assassin's Creed, Crew, South Park, For Honor, etc... Everything was working fine until I decide to lunch on of the Assassin's Creed games. The game would lunch the splash screen but would stay stuck there!


A lot of suggestions online will guide you to run the game "As Administrator" but unfortunately that wasn't the solution for me.


I came across with one article that suggested to install these games on the same drive as the Operating System.... Like a lot of us, I have my OS installed on a small 500GB SSD drive and I tend to install big softwares and huge games on another drive (partition)... I decided to give it a try to this solution and weirdly it works!


You don't have to reinstall the game, just exit uPlay. Move the games folder to another location (your C drive) and restart uPlay, click on Download and choose the moved folder. uPlay will go trough all the files, check for their integrity and you should be able to play your game afterwards.


unfortunately, I have no idea what might cause this issue but I can confirm that the solution of moving the game install folder into the system drive is definitely an acceptable solution for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

System.Messaging.MessageQueueException (0x80004005): A workgroup installation computer does not support the operation (Public Queue create issue)

Veeam Backup Error : Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: VSSControl

warning: Win32API is deprecated after Ruby 1.9.1; use fiddle directly instead - Chef Development Kit Update